Today is an anniversary of sorts because this Merry Hearts Medicine blog began with a spark of laughter on January 8th, 2014. I am amazed (and almost a little frightened) at how fast time seems to zip by these days. A year? Wow…
Friends and family have read my work at times and been very encouraging to me. Also, a few fellow WordPress bloggers have contributed comments and “likes” to my site for many months. Thanks for your encouragement, as well!
What started out as “Blog? What is a blog?” has grown into a fun hobby and a great way to reach out and connect with others. I’ve enjoyed hearing the thoughts and perspectives of people in countries all around the globe. As a bonus, I’ve picked up skills in web design, photo editing, and HTML coding.
Along the way, I added a few recurring features to this site, such as
- “Links to Joy” — posts to help us appreciate our blessings and increase our thankfulness
- “Roadblocks to Joy” — posts highlighting obstacles that may be diminishing the level of joy in our lives
- “To the Point” — very brief posts that highlight an important thought (There aren’t many of these because I am too wordy! Lol)
- “Moments of Joy” — a post at the end of each month, highlighting an especially funny our touching experience that occurred during that month
- And last, but not least, my developing interest in photography has led to a series of posts called “Macro Mysteries.” These are set up as guessing games to see who can identify the objects in close-up images I’ve captured. Though people don’t always participate, these posts have still been great fun for me.
I share my thoughts and photos for the sheer enjoyment of it, and more importantly, to increase the joy and blessings in others’ lives. I’m not trying to win a popularity contest or grow a throng of thousands of followers, as awesome as that would be. I decided that even if only one person is blessed by my blog, then it is worth the time and effort I’ve put in.
Feel free to stick around and peruse the site, if you have the time. I hope it will brighten your day in a meaningful way! If you are interested in the Bible and/or photography, you might enjoy the pages I’ve added called “SCRIPTURE” and “Favorite Photos.”
Also, before you go, I’d love it if you’d stop by my page called “Reasons to Smile” and leave a comment. The page is a collection of things for which people are thankful. I’m hoping the list will grow long and the page will be a place where people can come to get a pick-me-up by thinking about the blessings in their lives.
Thanks for reading!